About the Role
Director of Performance Marking / SEO needed! Remote anywhere in the US but must work east coast hours. Up to $200k base plus bonus. The ideal candidate has 5-10 years of experience, is NOT an agency, freelancer, or consultant, and has stayed at 1 company for at least 3-5 years.
The financial industry is growing at a record pace, but our data providers are still stuck in the past — with cumbersome onboarding processes, complicated APIs, slow infrastructure, and expensive licensing costs.
Our client is the next-generation market data provider — with the radical idea that you should only pay for the data that you use. They power the world's largest finance and fintech institutions and lower the barrier of entry for small startups.
You'll oversee the company's SEO and SEM strategy. This includes the following.
• Research and identify high-impact keywords within the market data industry.
• Perform regular SEO audits of their website and content, making HTML changes and content adjustments when necessary.
• Create and execute a backlink acquisition strategy.
• Define targeting parameters for paid search campaigns, including bidding strategy and ad scheduling choices.
• Create and track relevant metrics to determine the return on investment of various SEO and SEM channels.
• Determine the direction of the company's marketing plan, including high-level decisions regarding agencies.
• Analyze sales numbers in comparison to the marketing budget.
• Research competitors and their SEO / SEM strategies.
• Collaborate with executives to make decisions regarding the budget, branding, and direction of the company.
• Create and maintain a successful brand and image.
The ideal candidate has worked in Semrush, Google Analytics, Screaming Frogs, and Ahrefs, and knows the pros and cons of each tool. Below are other skills that we look for.
• Experience in the financial market data industry, and/or experience marketing an API product targeting developers.
• Experience implementing creative SEO and SEM campaigns, including writing compelling ad copy, finding high-ROI keywords, and generating backlinks.
• Knowledge of CRMs like Hubspot, as well as SEO metrics, growth metrics, and content analytics.
• Experience with programmatic SEO.
• A desire to work at a fast-growing fintech startup as the first SEO hire.