About the Role
Information Security Engineer needed! Hybrid 3 - 4 days a week in NYC. $125k - $175k base plus discretionary bonus.
Our client is a leading financial firm that leverages cutting edge technology to deliver liquidity to the global markets and innovative, transparent trading solutions to their clients. As a market maker, they provide deep liquidity that helps to create more efficient markets around the world.
They are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive Information Security Engineer to join their global security team. In this role, you'll perform security assessments and analysis, as well as design, implement, and coordinate with global IT teams to mitigate discovered risks. In this role, you'll get exposure to different technologies, such as breach detection and prevention, user and entity behavior analytics, network flow monitoring, vulnerability management, and security automation.
Additional duties include:
• Evaluate, design, and deploy emerging security solutions, including but not limited to: vulnerability management, anti-malware, network IDS/IPS, security information and event monitoring (SIEM) systems, network flow technologies, and user behavior and entity monitoring
• Maintain awareness of emerging threats, specifically those within the financial services sector; this position requires self-motivation, a strong willingness to learn, and passion for the information security field
Perks of the role:
• Projects with quick life cycles, from concept to production in three months
• A small, dynamic team environment where everyone is visible
• Direct exposure to the decision makers and senior leaders on the business side
• A company that’s investing a sizable amount in its technology department
• Teams that are passionate about continually learning, improving and raising the bar
• A community that values hard work as well as work-life balance
• A bachelor’s degree, preferably in IT, Computer Science or other related discipline
• 2 – 5 years in Information Security; background in IT is a plus
• Strong Understanding of Threat and Vulnerability Management and Mitigation
• Understanding and experience with Windows and Unix operating system fundamentals
• Experience with Active Directory (or other directory services)
• Security event and incident management
• Good prioritization skills and the ability to effectively switch tasks on varying projects and initiatives
• Excellent communication and writing skills