About the Role
Pre Sales Engineer needed at one of my OMS/PMS firms! Hybrid NYC only! Base $110k - $120k plus discretionary bonus. MUST have strong knowledge of fixed income, including both public and private credit and must have experience with OMS/PMS!
The primary goal of the Presales Engineer is to design and execute the pre-sales cycle covering functional, operational, and technical support activities to prospective clients and existing customers. You will act as the ‘trusted advisor’ and a consultative resource to both internal (e.g. Sales, Product, Account Management, etc.) and external stakeholders, assisting in driving new business from prospective and existing customer accounts to achieve revenue goals.
This position will include the organization, planning, directing, and coordination of all aspects of pre-sale engagement covering the products across all target’s addressable markets. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing team.
What you’ll do:
- Understand the competitive landscape and key differentiators of the firm's offerings
- Continuously evolve domain expertise concerning all current developments and enhancements to the firm's offerings (SaaS and Managed Services)
- Evaluate customer business and technical needs with a consultative approach, collaborate with sales on the sales strategy, and prepare and deliver high quality, ‘solution-led’ demonstrations and conversations to business and technical stakeholders from prospective firms
- Present demos and POCs
- Display strong technical acumen with an ability to confer with customers and assess their requirements
- Effectively handle potential client objectives and be able to adapt the demonstration of functional product capabilities to meet clients’ needs
- Build trusted relationships with key internal & external stakeholders from procurement through delivery by demonstrating the benefits and value proposition of the products
- 5 years of pre-sales or sales experience, delivering software to financial services institutions is preferred
- Experience in OMS and PMS product offerings in the buy-side market
- A working understanding of financial markets buy side: Front, Middle and Back Office
- Strong understanding of fixed income, including public and private credit
- Strong analytical skills and willingness to thoroughly understand potential clients’ core businesses, workflows, and pain points
- Excellent organizational, communication and presentation skills