About the Role
Technical Account Manager / CSM needed! Remote anywhere in the US but must work east coast hours. Around $115k - $130k x2 OTE plus equity. 2 - 10 years of experience. Mixture of client management and sales. Must have technical market data knowledge/experience.
The financial industry is growing at a record pace, but data providers are still stuck in the past — with cumbersome onboarding processes, complicated APIs, slow infrastructure, and expensive licensing costs.
Our client is the next-generation market data provider — with the radical idea that you should only pay for the data that you use. They power the world's largest finance and fintech institutions and lower the barrier of entry for small startups.
• Lead the technical onboarding process, from closing new customers to ongoing relationship management and technical support.
• Discover and lead revenue expansion opportunities, including upsells and renewals.
• Gather customer feedback, testimonials, case studies, and more.
• Establish and maintain accurate, timely, and documented forecasting and record-keeping procedures, keeping the CRM up-to-date and organized.
• Build a network of executive relationships across the industry and with key partners and customers.
• Stay up-to-date with industry trends, market dynamics, and competitor activities to identify potential business opportunities and adapt sales strategies accordingly.
• Collaborate across teams to align sales efforts with overall company objectives and ensure a seamless customer experience.
The ideal candidate has experienced the end-to-end sales pipeline, including top-of-funnel, upselling, channel sales, customer success, and forecasting. Below are other skills that we look for:
• Understand and communicate with the user base of developers and quants.
• Experience with PLG, data products, quant trading, and/or market microstructure.
• Extreme attention to detail and record-keeping, as well as the ability to automate processes in Hubspot.
• Professional communication skills that align with the tone of an institutional financial product.
• White-glove management of the sales cycle with continual buy-in from the customer, discovering the user's pain points, signs of friction, being honest when the product isn't the best fit, not being too pushy or salesy, and knowing when to continue vs. back off.
• Readiness to work within a startup environment with limited resources and personnel.
• As a bonus: Active usage of Github, knowledge of enough C++, Python, and/or Rust to help answer client inquiries.
Provided below are some examples of common questions that the clients' users ask. If this doesn't look somewhat familiar to you then this role is likely not for you.
1. How do you lookup by product_id -- calling the symbology API fails if the input type is product_id?
2. Downloaded futures series from CME through the website, but was confused that the data seemed to contain futures spreads.
3. What format is the "price" column?
4. JSON format uses newlines instead of a big array.
5. Is there a way to resolve the product ids into their securities on the data?