About the Role
Site Reliability/Core Operations Engineer needed! On site in NYC. $125k - $150k base plus discretionary bonus. 10 - 15 years experience max.
Our client is a leading financial firm that leverages cutting edge technology to deliver liquidity to the global markets and innovative, transparent trading solutions to their clients. As a market maker, they provide deep liquidity that helps to create more efficient markets around the world.
The Site Reliability/Core Operations Engineers form a small, fast-paced global team dedicated to managing the deployment, maintenance, and enhancement of a sophisticated electronic trading system operating on hundreds of venues around the world. They are positioned at the very forefront of the technology’s interaction with the financial markets, requiring them to work well under high-stress situations and have an ability to react decisively and quickly in time-sensitive situations. This team is the first point of contact for all the external trading connections and, as such, they perform a dynamic mix of functions. This includes everything from counter party support to risk management and system triage/optimization.
The Site Reliability/Core Operations Engineers operate at a high-level in a Windows/Linux environment to solve complex technical problems and work with traders and exchanges to understand micro-market structure. A strong interest in the markets and technology is a must. This is a unique job opportunity to become an integral part of a fast-paced electronic trading environment.
• Minimum 3 years of experience working experience, preferably in a site reliability engineering role
• Excellent working knowledge of Windows/Linux environments
• Ability to be cool under pressure and at ease in high-stress, time-sensitive environments
• Interest in high transaction environments and/or low-latency systems.
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong academic record
• Technical agility; interest in innovative technologies
• Working with financial systems or knowledge of the global financial market place
• Competence in at least one programming language – preferably Python / Bash / Perl / Go or similar.
• Experience with OMS/ESM order flow
• Experience with SQL
• Experience with configuration management platforms (i.e. Ansible, Puppet or Salt)
• Knowledge of networking, both TCP and UDP